Added on: 11th December, 2017 by Caroline_9383
A regional property expert has outlined why apartment living has never been more popular in Harrow.
Mark Brown, head of sales for Persimmon Homes North London, said: “Local buyers have cottoned on to the fact they can enjoy the comfort, convenience and cost savings that apartments can offer.”
Persimmon Homes has launched new apartments at its Harrow View West development, which provides a mix of properties including two-bedroom apartments and two, three and four-bedroom homes.
The development is being built on part of the site which housed camera giant Kodak. The house types on this historical development are named after famous photographers, in acknowledgement to the site being the Kodak sports ground.
Mark added: “Buying a home tops the list of most important and expensive decisions that people make in life, so getting it right is critical. Our stylish apartments are ideal for first-time buyers, young professionals and investors looking for contemporary style living as well as downsizers looking to release equity from their existing homes.”
With many years’ experience in the housing industry, Mark has listed his top five reasons for apartment living:
• Green Living: new-build apartments are an eco-friendly option for those wanting to lower their carbon footprint, as heating a smaller home uses less energy and is more cost effective to heat.
• Lifestyle: families and couples appreciate spacious open floor plans, letting them make the most of their time together.
• More time and freedom: most apartments don’t have private gardens, which means that weekends can be spent relaxing rather than mowing the lawn.
• Modern Living: new homes are designed to use every inch of the space as effectively as possible.
• Opportunity to join the property ladder: using the Government-backed Help to Buy scheme there has never been a better time for buyers to ditch their rental bills and start investing in their own future
Under Help to Buy, people buying a new build only need a five per cent deposit along with a 75 per cent mortgage while the Government supplies a 20 per cent equity loan, which is interest and repayment free for the first five years.
Harrow View West forms part of a wider plan by the Greater London Authority, which is` creating a new ‘Heart of Harrow’ housing zone which covers Harrow and Wealdstone.
For more information, www.persimmonhomes.com